If you are a salon owner who spends more time working in your business than on it, you may find the business growth is slow, or alternatively has reached a ceiling point that you are finding difficult to burst through. So, what you really need to do is to take a step ahead towards promoting your business – through a website or a WordPress blog!
For the hair salon business, it is imperative that you have your very own site. A WordPress blog can be a powerful tool to promote your hair salon business, your products and your services. Regular blogging allows you to connect with a community and exchange feedback which improves your business and practices.
Here’s how you can promote your business using a WordPress blog:
1. Get a paid blog for more flexibility – With WordPress, you can get a free blog but you still have the “.wordpress.com” at the end of your domain name. One of the rules in making your website more SEO friendly is to make domain name short and catchy. Thus, you want to eliminate this part of your free website. In order to do this, you need to purchase the domain name. This is basically part of your site’s upgrade.
2. Use creative effective WordPress theme – If you are working in a hair salon business, you need to understand that you need to make your site creative. You need to make sure that you are not really using the default theme that WordPress provides. Every now and then, you will get to see updates from WordPress on the available themes that they have. However, for starters, you should maximize the free themes.
Here is how you could choose from different themes available at WordPress.
In order to manage themes, you will need to do the following steps:
1. Register/Sign in
2. Head to my blogs via the Wodpress logo on the upper left side of your screen
3. Choose appearance from on your left side menu
4. From the theme options, you could narrow down your theme according to the number of columns, color and other preferences that you have.
3. Post useful information on the blog: A WordPress blog can be really helpful to place some valuable content about your business on the internet. When readers see this information, they can understand your business better. Even though you may be afraid that competitors will steal your documentation, you’ll actually be doing your community a great service, build excellent search engine traffic and solidify yourself as the authority where as other competitors are too afraid to share their best secrets.
4. Answer Community Questions or Comments: No doubt, your business will constantly receive questions and comments from your community. Instead of passing these questions off to a file you leave at work, go ahead and write about them on the blog. Not only will you be able to gain great search engine traffic from people searching for answers but you’ll also have resources to point other customers to which saves you time answering questions.
5. Talk about a new Product Release: If there is a new product or service being release at your hair salon business then create a blog post and share it with your readers. Although not everyone will find direct value in the post if they aren’t your customers you can still excite others that have been waiting for a new feature, product or service from your business!
6. Highlight a Great Customer: Have a customer that’s been with you for years? Highlight them by sharing a small story about them on your blog. If your best customers have businesses of their own than consider writing about the business and share part of the wealth; doing so will create a great connection with your customers because it shows that you care more than just making a sale.
7. Share Reviews and Feedback: If a customer leaves a great testimonial then share it with the rest of the community! Likewise, if you receive great feedback about a bug or some kind of improvement from your community you can show how you plan to implement these improvements with a new blog post. Reviews can be a great way to share what others have to say about your business and it doesn’t come across as forceful marketing.
8. Connect with other Bloggers: Connecting with other bloggers to extend your network can help promote your product when there is an equal exchange of value between two parties. If another blogger thoroughly enjoys your products, they’re likely to write about your business on their own blog. Compliment their great words by writing about them on your own business blog.
9. Share Exclusive Discounts and Promos: Hold a contest, exclusive event or a gift back to your community while pushing out a new blog post. Customers love when there are ways to interact with your business such as participating in a poll in exchange for a prize.
10. Go Social on Your WordPress Blog: Social media is a great way to stay connected with your audience. Yes, you need to be active on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. Silence is no longer an option. People are online talking about your company as you read this, whether you like or not. If you don’t engage in the conversation, you risk losing your customers.
By using a WordPress blog with great appearance and great content, you could already reach out to your market. And of course, since you want your hair salon business to grow, you need to understand the fact that you need to put Quality content on your blog to stimulate readership.
Stay tuned for more information on how you can make the best of WordPress to promote your business online!